Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
English As A Second Language
Additional Teacher Resource Pages
Information on Various Disabilities and Teaching Strategies
Do to Learn-
A resource that provides games for students to play on the computer that deal with emotions, shapes, and numbers. It also proves printable flash card templates. It also provides information on various disabilities.
Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Saskatoon
Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus
Children and Adults with Spina Bifida
Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Canada
- Excellent starting point for any teacher and parent.
Accessing the curriculum - Strategies for differentiation for pupils with Down syndrome
National Down Syndrome Society
Canadian Down Syndrome Society
Reactive Attachment Disorder
Understanding Attachment Disorders in Children
Attachment Disorders & Reactive Attachment Disorder
Reactive Attachment Disorder
Learning Disabilities: Dyslexia and Dyscalculia
What is Dyscalulia?
Learning Association of America
Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Basic facts, current research, helpful strategies, up-to-date resources, and related links.
- Provides links to local chapters.
The National Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA)
- Focused on the needs of adults and young adults with ADD.
- Strategies for teachers to use as well as parents.
– Canadian National Charitable Organization that focuses on research, public education and visual health
Strategies for Teaching Students with Visual Impairments
- A list of teaching strategies
– Information and Practical strategies
Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada
Government of Saskatchewan
Health A to Z
Canadian Mental Health Association
Council for Exceptional Children
- Resources for working in a diverse classroom.
The Disability Resource Monthly WebWatcher
- Links, news, books, contacts, associations and forums related to disability.
The Special Education Yahoo Subdirectory
- Sites related to special education.
The Disabilities, Society and Culture, Yahoo Subdirectory
- Sites related to society and culture of exceptionalities covers a range of issues.
Alberta Education, Learning Resources Distribution Centre
- Resources for inclusive strategies
Alberta Education, Special Education Branch
- Obtain more information on resources (books, videos, resource guide, handbook).
Teaching Students with Communication Disorders
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Valuable information for parents and teachers.
Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologist and Audiologists
- Information on the practice of speech-language pathologist and audiologist.
Ontario Association for Families of Children with Communication Disorders (OAFCCD)
- Resources related to links, personal stories, supports, and information on children with communication disorders.
Ontario Association for Families of Children with Communication Disorders: Lanark, Leeds, & Grenville Chapter
- Resources, information, chat room, inspirational poems, stories, quotes, and excellent related links for teachers and parents. This site has won numerous awards.
Net Connections of Communication Disorders and Sciences: An Internet Guide by Judith Maginnis Kuster
- Internet resources related to all types of communication disorders.
Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities
Learning Disabilities Association of Ontario (LDAO)
- Canadian site on learning disabilities.
Learning Disabilities Online
- Information on research, links, articles, and more.
Division for Learning Disabilities (DLD)
- Valuable information.
Council for Learning Disabilities (CLD)
- Provides information for professionals who work with individuals with learning disabilities.
National Centre for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- Materials for educators and parents.
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
- Range of resources.
- Learning resources produced by the ministry of education in each province and territory of Canada.
Teaching Students with Emotional or Behavioral Disorders
Council for Children with Behavioural Disorders (CCBD)
- Recent publications, suggestion resources, and list of upcoming events.
Teaching Students with Intellectual Disabilities
Canadian Association for Community Living (CACL)
- Provides information, supports and leads on other websites focused on inclusion within the community.
TASH: Disability Adovacy Worldwide
- Provides information on disability rights.
American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Provides information, resources, related links, and books.
Teaching Students with Autism and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
Autism Treatment Services of Canada
- Provides treatment, educational, management and consultative services.
Canadian Autism Intervention Research Network (CAIRN)
- Promoting effective services.
- FAS causes and effects.
Teaching Students with Sensory Impairments, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Other Low-Incidence Disabilities
Asthma Society if Canada
- Provides information on how to manage asthma at school.
- Teachers can pose questions and receive informal answers.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"